Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal halwa is a Rajasthani sweet dish. It is a pudding like dessert made from split yellow moong dal. This is very rich and heavy in nature and hence moong dal halwa is generally prepared during the winter months.
A small plate of halwa will make you feel full. You won't feel hungry any sooner.. :)
1 cup moong dal
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter/ghee
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
dry fruits almonds,cashews, raisins
3 cups water
1) Wash and soak the moong dal in water for about 4 hours
2) Drain the water and then in a grinder add the moong dal and just enough water to make thick paste. Do not add too much of water.
3) On a medium flame in a pan boil water and sugar for about 5 mins, then add cardamom powder and remove from the heat and keep it aside.
4) In a non stick pan add ghee and the moong dal paste on medium heat, and stir continuously.
5) Keep stirring till it becomes light brown in colour and sweet aroma is emitted.
6) Now add the sugar syrup to the this moong dal paste and stir for about 5 mins and then turn of the heat.
7) Garnish with sliced almonds and serve warm.
Sending this recipe to Sowmya's Authentic Indian Sweets Event , Mission Explore Food: Lentils (started by CookCookandCook and ThoushaltCook) and Cooking With Seeds Event - Yellow Moongdal (started by Priyas Versatile Recipes)