Simla Mirch Sabji (Bell Peppers Vegetable / Simla Mirchichi Bhaji / Dhobali /Bhopali Mirchi Bhaji)
3 green bell peppers (simla mirch/simla mirchi/dhobali mirchi)
1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
1 big onion chopped finely
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp red chilli powder
4 tbsps oil
chopped cilantro leaves
salt as per taste
1) Wash the bell peppers and chop them to small pieces.
2) Heat oil in a vessel and add chopped onions to it.
3) Saute it for a while and then add the ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, corriander powder and chilli powder and stir well.
4) When the onions become translucent, add chopped bell peppers and mix them well.
5) Cover the vessel with a lid so that the chopped peppers become soft.
6) When the chopped peppers are little soft, add chickpea flour and stir well.
7) Sprinkle little water and do not cover the lid as it may mke the mixture sticky.
8) Once the chickpea flour seems cooked, then remove from flame and garnish it with chopped cilantro leaves.
9) Serve with hot chapatis, phulkas or rice.