Alu Mattar (Potatoes and Green Peas Vegetable)
Personally since childhood I have always been a fan of Alu Mattar and I had it often at my house.
3 cups green peas
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
chopped cilantro leaves
3 tbsp oil
1) Boil the potatoes and remove the cover and cut it into pieces. (See tips for boiling potatoes here)
2) In a skillet add oil and then fry the chopped onions.
3) Once the onions turn brown, add ginger garlic paste and fry it for a while.
4) Add red chili powder, garam masala and stir well
5) Now add chopped tomato and green peas and cook till they become soft.
6) When all the vegetables look cooked remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
7) Serve hot with chapatis, rotis or naan.