Gajar Ka Halwa (Gajar halwa/ Carrot pudding)
4 cups grated carrots
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cream
4 tbsps butter / ghee
raisins, cashew nut pieces, sliced almonds
1) In a skillet heat butter/ghee, add grated carrots to it and fry them for a while.
2) When they become a little soft add milk and sugar and mix well.
3) After about 2 - 3 minutes add the dry fruits.
4) Keep stirring till the carrot becomes very soft.
5) Remove from heat it is ready to be served.
6) You can serve it warm or chilled as per your preference.
1) You can also add crushed mava or khoya when preparing gajar halva.
2) If you have any mava or khoya sweet at your home like pedha etc you can crush and add that too.
Sending this to Sowmya's Authentic Indian Sweets event