Dal Chicken Curry, as the name suggest this chicken curry contains dal. This recipe makes use of chana dal to make a thick and yummy gravy.
200 gms chana dal (Split Bengal Gram)
2 badi elaichi (big cardamoms)
2 1 inch cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1/4 piece javitri flower
2 cups water for soaking chana dal
4 cups water for cooking
2 onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
salt as per taste
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp red chilli powder
chopped coriander for garnishing
3 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 Kg chicken
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1) Soak the chana dal in 2 cups of water
2) Marinade the chicken in the ingredients mentioned for marinade and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3) In a pressure cooker, add chana dal and some water, some chicken pieces (bones) and cook for 5 whitsles .
4) In a wok, add oil and then the other spices, like cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cloves, javitri and fry for a while.
5) Add chopped onions, fry till they turn brown. Now add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes soft and mushy.
6) Add chilli powder and mix well.
7) Now add the cooked chana dal (the chana cooked should be very soft and paste like) and mix well.
8) Add chicken pieces and mix well. Let the chicken cook, cover the wok with a lid.
9) Once cooked remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
10) Serve hot with chapati, roti or rice.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.