Kala Chana Masala (Black Chickpeas Curry) is a easy to make recipe with basic ingredients like onion and tomato.
This Kala Chana Masala goes well with plain steamed rice or chapati as well. If you like a soupy texture, you can add some more water when making this.
1 1/2 cup black chickpea (Kala Chana)
2 tbsp oil
2 medium onion chopped finely
2 medium tomato chopped
2 tsp ginger – garlic paste
2 tsp red chili powder (I used the Everest Tikkalal)
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp dhana – jeera powder (corriander seeds and cumin powder)
chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
salt as per taste
5-6 cups water as needed
1) Soak the black chickpeas (kala chana) overnight for about 8-9 hours.
2) Heat oil in a kadai.
3) When it gets hot add onion and fry till it becomes slight brown.
4) Add ginger garlic paste and saute for while.
5) Add chopped tomato and mix well
6) Now add chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and mix so that the mixture gets coated with it.
7) Now add the chickpeas (chana) and mix well.
8) Add 3 cups water and allow the chick peas to cook.
9) Keep checking in between and if the water had dried out add more till the chickpeas are cooked.
10) If the chickpeas are cooked, remove from heat.
11) Garnish with chopped coriander.
12) Serve hot with chapati or as a side dish with steamed rice.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.