Kande Pohe is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe. You can add different variation as mentioned in the Ingredients list below separately or as a combination.
1 1/2 cup flattened rice
1 medium onion
1/2 tbsp sugar
salt as per taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of asfoetida(hing)
1 tsp turmeric powder
7-8 curry leaves
4 green chilies chopped
4 tbsp oil
fresh grated coconut
pieces of lemon
1/4 cup peanuts / thinly sliced chopped potato / green peas
Servings 2- 3
1) In a colander wash and rinse gently under running water and leave it aside for about 10 minutes.
2) In a kadai/wok, heat about 4 tbsp oil, when it is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies chopped, asfoetida and onion and sauté for a while.
3) When the onion starts turning a translucent, add turmeric powder and mix well.
4) If you are adding any of the additional ingredients listed under variations, add it now and sauté for a while.
5) Now add the flattened rice, salt and sugar and mix well.
6) Sprinkle some water on it and cover with a lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
7) Kande Pohe is ready, garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh grated coconut and lemon pieces. Serve with tea or coffee.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.