Masala Omelette/Omelet is an easy to make and quick egg recipe. Omelette can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Masala Egg Omelette/Omelet is an Indian version of omelette using Indian spices, chillies and herbs like cilantro leaves. Serve it with bread or chapati or also as a side with rice.
If you use a broad pan for making Masala Omelette/Omelet it would be thinner as it would spread. If you cover the pan with lid, it becomes fluffy.
1 medium onion chopped finely
3/4 tsp red chili powder (I used the Everest Tikkalal)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbsp oil
2 green chilies thinly chopped
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
salt as per taste
1) In a vessel add chopped onion, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves.
2) Break the eggs, in the vessel and mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
3) Drizzle 1 tbsp oil in a pan and when it becomes hot add the egg mixture, spread it in the pan.
4) Cover the pan with a lid.
5) Let it cook on medium to low flame till the sides and the underside is browned.
6) Remove the lid and flip over the omelet, and cook for 10 -14 seconds, till it browns.
7) Serve hot with chapati, bread or with steamed rice as a aide dish.
You can make variations to this recipe.
Some chopped veggies like bell pepper, carrots could also be added to the egg mixture.
You can also add the garam masala (Everest Garam masala) and coriander-cumin powder to the mixture.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.