Shepuchi Bhaji (Preparation from Dill Leaves)
3-4 cups roughly chopped dill leaves
1 1/2 cup yellow moong dal (yellow lentils)
7-8 garlic pods crushed
4-5 green chilies chopped
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) (optional)
salt as per taste
water to soak moong dal
1) Soak the moong dal in water for about 30 mins and then drain and keep aside.
2) In a skillet heat oil and with it is hot add cumin seeds.
3) When the cumin seeds splutter, add crushed garlic and green chilies.
4) Add turmeric powder and mix well.5) Now add drained moong dal and fry for a while.
6) Finally add chopped dill leaves (shepu) and cook covering with a lid.
7) Sprinkle some water in the skillet and let the dill leaves cook.
8) When the moong dal becomes soft and dill leaves are cooked, remove from heat.
9) Serve hot with chapati or any Indian bread.