Cabbage - Green Peas Vegetable(Gobi Matar)
1 cup green peas
1 small cabbage (I used a baby cabbage) chopped thinly
1 medium onion
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp cooking oil
1 cup water
salt as per taste
1) In a skillet add oil and when it becomes hot add cumin seeds and fry for a while.
2) Then add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions become a little brown.
3) Now add red chili powder and garam masala and mix well.
4) Add chopped cabbage and mix it well with the masala. Let it cook for a while.
5) Then add green peas and mix it with the rest of the added ingredients.
6) Keep mixing so that the masala will not start sticking to the sides and the bottom of the vessel.
7) Sprinkle a little water in between if required, but do not add too much.
8) Cover it and let it cook.
9) Keep checking in between whenever the masala starts sticking to the sides, sprinkle water and mix.
10) Once the cabbage and the peas are cooked serve hot with chapati, naan or any Indian bread.